September 2019 President’s Letter
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Hope everyone had a great summer! Although we had no events over the summer months, the TMAC board worked diligently behind the scenes preparing for the new fiscal year. Thank you to the board members for their time and dedication with the transition to new roles and budget preparation. A big thank you to Vice President Patrick Yappel for his leadership on key membership initiatives and Treasurer Mary McGonigle for not missing a beat with her financial review.
At this time, I would like to welcome our 2019-2020 TMAC Board and Officers:
- President: Cathy McGarry, Northwestern Medicine
- Vice President: Patrick Yappel, Health Care Service Corporation
- Secretary: Carrie Horton, ACCO Brands Corporation
- Treasurer: Mary McGonigle, Guggenheim Partners, LLC
- President Emeritus: Tricia Kelly, McDonald’s Corporation
- Windy City Summit Co Chair: Mike Hein, Donnelley Financial Solutions
- Windy City Summit Co Chair: Rob Chan, CDK Global
- Meeting Site Co Chair: Chris McLane, Groupon
- Meeting Site Co Chair: Mandy Campbell, Jump Trading, LLC
- Program Co Chair: Julie Qualiato, Health Care Service Corporation
- Program Co Chair: Robert Fitzgerald, The Boler Company
- Scholarship Chair: Erin Scardina, Corelle Brands, LLC
- Policy Chair: Scott Brooks, Mars Inc.
- Membership Chair: John Gallagher
- Website Chair: Mohammed Ali, Enova International
TMAC was represented at this year’s annual AFP Regional Officers Meeting (ROM) by myself and Vice President Patrick Yappel. We were among thirty other associations and were one of three largest regional associations in attendance. We had the opportunity to share and learn from other associations as it relates to best practices and roundtable discussions on marketing, membership and networking initiatives. Our submission for our winter outing, Cake Boss Contest, was nominated for the Best Networking Award!
Please join us on September 19th for our monthly meeting at Gibson’s in Rosemont. If you have any ideas on topics, please let us know. We are also looking for volunteers with social media knowledge that enjoy working with digital content. If you are interested, let me know or send an email to email@example.com
It is a pleasure to continue to serve this association and look forward to a successful year ahead.
Cathy McGarry - TMAC President